If you’ve implemented the five tips to drive more traffic to your website with search marketing, you are ahead of many business owners. Search engine optimization is critical to acquire leads online, but don’t forget about content marketing. If you’re looking to continuously grow your volume of website visitors, you need a multi-faceted approach over time. That’s why we’ve put together 5 ideas for content marketing that can help grow your website into a lead generation machine over the long term.
- Promote over email: If you have an email database, start here! A database of customers, leads and contacts is the best and most cost-effective marketing asset for any business. Inform your network about your new website and highlight the benefits to them. Consider offering an incentive to encourage them to purchase additional products or services if you have an online store. If not, develop a survey with a reward for participation to generate quick feedback about the new site while spreading awareness.
- Start a blog: You’ve likely heard this suggestion before, but don’t discount it. Creating content is increasingly critical to boost your search rankings and generate traffic online. Frequency is important too – according to HubSpot, 82% of marketers who blog daily have generated leads and sales from their readers, compared to just 57% who blog monthly. This doesn’t mean you have to spend 100% of your day writing content – what business owner has time for that? Instead, delegate to different employees, or outsource to other resources such as freelancers or interns. You should also seek ways to promote and repurpose the content you have already, through social media or content aggregators like Reddit, Alltop, or BizSugar.
- Leverage other bloggers: If you’re just starting out with a blog, it will take time to build up a dedicated following. Consider outsourcing with tools like BloggersRequired.com, which allows you to pay a small fee to existing bloggers to write about your product or service. This tactic can be particularly effective when you want to generate reviews; customer reviews are highly effective and credible selling tools, especially if they come from sources that are already respected online.
- Speaking of reviews… don’t underestimate Google+: Just one positive review on Google+ can drastically increase your Google search rankings, so don’t wait! Reach out to your best customers and request reviews. You can even offer incentives, such as money off their next bill or a giveaway item. At least one of your happiest customers should be willing to take three minutes on your behalf.
- Apply for awards: Always be on the lookout for new award opportunities. No matter what line of business you’re in, there are countless options, but you can’t win if you don’t apply. Awards result in free press and free links to your website, both of which can increase your traffic. And if you don’t have time to apply yourself, this is another task you can delegate or outsource to an intern.