What is Snapchat?
Snapchat is both a messaging platform and a social network. It’s a great way to stay connected with both friends and family by sharing pictures and short videos of activities that happen in our everyday lives. With over 200 million users, the most active users are teenagers and young adults (83% of its users to be exact are younger than 35).
There are several attractive benefits to marketing on Snapchat:
- There is significantly less competition.
- There’s no algorithm hiding your posts.
- If a user adds your business as a friend, they can easily see when you’ve added a story and view it.
How to Grow Your Snapchat Following
- Be consistent with your handle
- Having the same handle on all social platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.) is important for Snapchat, so there’s a better chance that your fans will have an easy time finding and following you.
- Use your Snapcode
- Snapcodes are the easiest way for people to add your Snapchat; users can scan the code with their phone and you’ll be added instantly.
- Tip: You want an image of your Snapcode in as many places as possible to help grow your following.
- Alert your email subscribers
- Place your Snapcode in your next email/newsletter or add the Snapchat logo next to your Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube icons to let your customers know that you’re on the platform.
- Add Snapchat to your website
- Since your website is where you’re driving your customers, add your Snapcode somewhere on your site where visitors can easily see it.
- You can also include the Snapchat logo next to the traditional “Like us on Facebook” and “Follow us on Twitter” links. Link the Snapchat logo to your personalized URL – i.e. http://www.snapchat.com/add/yourusername
- Put your Snapcode on a storefront decal
- If your business has a brick-and-mortar storefront, print out your Snapcode and post it around the location.
- Put your Snapcode on your business cards or other printed materials
- Run targeted facebook ads
- You can run an optimized ad promoting your Snapchat account that targets users who like Snapchat on Facebook, in a certain target area, within a certain age, etc.
- Make sure that the ad is optimized for engagement so that Facebook serves the ad to as many people as possible to drive clicks, likes, and comments.
- Ask to be suggested
- Regularly ask your followers to suggest your account to others.