Video marketing is booming, and it’s not difficult to understand why – from telling a rich, engaging story to demonstrating clear step-by-step directions, videos can do more than other types of media. As the time spent by the average consumer watching videos for educational, entertainment or other purposes increases, it is becoming all the more crucial for your business to hop on the video marketing bandwagon to stay relevant.
Read on for more about how video marketing has changed the marketing landscape, and what you can and should do to keep up.
On Your Website
Improve your search ranking. One of the biggest challenges businesses face in the search environment is getting people to their website in the first place. While beating out the competition on Google paid search is a constant battle, websites with videos are 50 times more likely to get first page placement for relevant searches.
Keep people on your site longer. Humans are hard-wired to process visuals 60,000 times faster than text. A welcome video right on your homepage can spell out your value-adds and differentiators while also demonstrating creativity and communicating your company’s personality and voice. Plus, you’re more likely to grab a user’s attention, keep them on your website longer, and be remembered.
Tips For Adding Video Marketing to Your Website
- Keep it short and sweet. To maximize engagement, your video should be no longer than 2-3 minutes.
- Invest in quality. A poor quality video on your homepage might do more harm than good. Producing a professional-quality video, whether through a freelancer or production company, can be expensive – be sure you have the funds to create something great before diving in.
- Embed the video on your site to optimize load time. Today’s internet users are impatient, and studies show that 57% of mobile users will abandon a website if they have to wait more than three seconds for something to load. Embed the video thumbnail on your site instead to quicken load time – step-by-step resources online can easily walk you through the process.
On Social Media & Email
Increase clicks & engagement. The numbers say it all:
- Including video marketing in email and on social media has shown to double click-through-rates.
- On social, audiences engage with video content 10 times more than static content (embed, shares, likes or comments).
- Almost a third of marketers agree that video conversion rates consistently outperform other marketing content.
- Video marketing increases your social network by generating more shares than text and images combined – 1200% more!
Build a qualified audience for remarketing on Facebook. A new capability from Facebook allows you to build a custom audience of users who have engaged with videos you’ve posted or promoted. You can target anyone who has watched three seconds of one of your videos, 95% of your videos, or somewhere in between. Identify how strongly qualified your list of leads is, and determine the appropriate content to remarket to them. Similarly, most email platforms allow you to track clicks, from which you can generate audience segments that should be targeted with additional content.
Tips For Using Video Marketing on Social Media & Email
- Be aware of the setting. Consciously think through where and how your video will be watched – which devices, in what type of setting, etc. For example, more and more Facebook traffic is on mobile devices, where videos are muted by default. So add captions and keep videos short (1.5 minutes or shorter).
- Focus on an engaging first frame. For videos on social media and email, you can skip the intro. People want to be engaged immediately. Capture users visually and concisely from the get-go.
Video is forecasted to grow to over 80% of all internet traffic by 2019 – be a part of that growth and start reaping the many benefits of adding video marketing assets to your marketing repertoire.