Google My Business pages are a great way to show up in local searches. Having a Google My Business page allows a company to have its address, hours of operation, phone number, pictures, reviews and a link to its website. Potential customers can get a full picture of what a company does and exactly how to contact them. Optimizing these pages is extremely important in order to make sure your page is showing up in your service area and to give your potential customers everything they are looking for in one search. Use this list below to make sure your company is getting the most out of their Google My Business page.
- Address: Add your company address and make sure to add a service area if your company provides services at locations other than your office. This can be done by providing a mile radius from your address or selecting specific geographic areas that your company services.
- Hours of Operation: Make sure your hours of operation are complete and accurate so that potential customers can call or visit when you are open.
- Phone number: Always make sure to have an up to date phone number so that leads can get a hold of you in their time of need.
- Pictures: It is recommended to have about 8 pictures of your company or the products/services you provide. Customers can look through these pictures and get a feel for the type of company you are. The best way to optimize these pictures is to keyword tag them. To do this you can save a picture with key terms such as the services and products you provide and also the name of your company. Once these images are saved and keyword tagged, upload them to your page.
- Reviews: Get as many customers reviews as you can! 84% of people trust online reviews as much as a personal recommendation.*(Local Consumer Review Survey)
- Website Link: Companies typically have this link to the homepage of the site, but if you find that another page typically creates more conversions, either option would be a great landing page.